Sunday, August 26, 2012

Red geraniums and a fairy garden


RED GERANIUMS

LIFE did not bring me silken gowns,
Nor jewels for my hair,
Nor signs of gabled foreign towns
In distant countries fair,
But I can glimpse, beyond my pane, a green and friendly hill,
And red geraniums aflame upon my window sill.  

The brambled cares of everyday,
The tiny humdrum things,
May bind my feet when they would stray,
But still my heart has wings
While red geraniums are bloomed against my window glass,
And low above my green-sweet hill the gypsy wind-clouds pass.

And if my dreamings ne'er come true,
The brightest and the best,
But leave me lone my journey through,
I'll set my heart at rest,
And thank God for home-sweet things, a green and friendly hill,
And red geraniums aflame upon my window sill.

Martha Haskell Clark

The second half of my weekend's thrift shop finds ~


The pink and lavender outfit (50 cents) is a future Muffy VanderBear costume.  The two "rescued" stuffed animals, I just could not resist - they were in such excellent shape.  The Calplush monkey ($3) still has his tag and he is so cuddly soft and CUTE!  He is headed to Seattle next month as a present to my mom.  Pink elephant ($2) is a keeper - her skull and crossbones collar is tres adorbs.  Squeeee!

Here is a fairy garden I saw exhibited at True Value in Plymouth, California.  Gives me some ideas!




4 comments:

  1. Aren't fairy gardens fun - my girls would love to create one! Now I just need to hunt down tiny little pieces of furniture!
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh goodness, I just got home from taking care of my grand girls and I'm sure they'd be like in a fairy tale in your fairy garden, with all the adorable little furniture and all, sorrounded by such fun..like in Alice in Wonderland! Thank yo so much for your lovely visit. I just became your follower, hope you like to do the same. Have a nice evening.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi sweetie!

    Could you e-mail me?

    jennymatlock at cox dot net

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi-thanks for your comment! (I like your blog name, too!) I'm now following :)
    Susan

    ReplyDelete