Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Day 21 of Photograph A Day (Shoes) and You're Gonna Love It Tuesday and MMI

My topic today - shoes.  I wore this pair of Rampage shoes once.  Why I bought these - LOVE the color and baubles, but they are SOOOO incredibly uncomfortable.  I keep them to remind myself to never buy uncomfortable shoes ever again.  I just can't bring myself to cut off the embellishments and use them for something else.


Have you ever bought an impractical pair of shoes?

Thrift shopping at SPCA's E Street Thrift in Sacramento delighted me with a Down Petticoat Lane figurine - no chips, no scratches, completely intact for $2.98. How can you not love her?


Blog partying with Kathe With An "E" at:


Me, myself and I'ing with My Beautiful Crazy Life



MMI questions ...

1.  What would you attempt to do if you knew you could not fail?  

Be a brain surgeon, of course!  Can you imagine at parties, "So, what do you do?"  Wouldn't you love to say, "Well, I'm a brain surgeon."  

2.  If you had six months to live, what would you do with the time?

The requisite spend time with family, blah blah.  Quit my job (that's a given), travel to as many of the places I could that I have always wanted to go, and take up extreme sports (what have I got to lose?). 

3.  If a front page news article was written on you, what would the headline be?

Thrift Shop Commando Goes Viral!  (That's a big wishful thinking ...)

4.  What is your biggest pet peeve?

The mortgage lending crisis (let's not go there).  

5.  What is your favorite chick flick movie?

Sleepless in Seattle - it's my hometown.  


21 comments:

  1. How fun! I love the SPCA thrift shop in Sac, I always find great goodies there! Love finding local thrifters in the blogsphere! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guilty as charged Rami! I have a shelf full of uncomfortable shoes that taunt me all the time with their cute impracticality :-( Although, I'd be real tempted to cut the baubles off yours and use them to decorate a candle...Thanks so much for joining in at the party! I'm following you now because 1) I love the name of your blog and B) you're a thrify nut like me!! I'll be featuring this post on my facebook page ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fat finger! I KNOW your name is Tami, not Rami LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, and here I thought it was a term of endearment. *chuckles*

      Delete
  4. I love "2nd Hand"! And yes, for $2.98 I woulda bought them!! My BFF and I say we own disposal clothes we pay very little for some of them! Great deal!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    LBDH

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I too think that way - disposal clothes. In fact, I am going to go through my closet and recycle those pieces back that I have since "upgraded" with other items. I'd put myself in the poor house if I bought all of my clothes retail.

      Delete
    2. Yes, I just think I bought an inpratical, but gorgeous, pair of shoes. I have the tendency sometimes, specially with shoes. No, I love cloths and have a lot, cloths for spring, summer fall and maybe even winter..(there's no winter around here, perse). I do recycle my old cloths when they look great for todays style, others, like shoes even, I give away to my church. Thanks for your lovely visit. Enjoy your week.
      FABBY

      Delete
  5. Love the shoes and yes, I've been there and done that. I use to love wearing high heels. Can't go there anymore. My old knees just won't let me. The figurine is so sweet and the price is even sweeter. Fun reading your answers. Now a new follower.
    Hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Tami! Thanks for visiting my daughter's apartment project! I love your blog! Seeing what other people buy is almost as fun as buying stuff yourself, and a whole lot cheaper!!! I'm your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Think I will head out for a little shopping myself.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Tami, thanks so much for visiting my blog and leaving such sweet comments. I am now following you. Nice to meet you. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your blog is adorable and I love the shoes!! Would you like to follow one another on our GFCs????

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Tami,
    I love the shoes!! I am sure you will them well with painted toes and jewelry (smile).

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh those shoes are beautiful. There once was a time when I only wore strappy sandals. Now they just don't have sufficient support. Why can't they make pretty shoes that are practical?

    Thanks for visiting my Mushroom Houses post.
    Debra

    ReplyDelete
  12. love those shoes!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Tami...Darling doll baby you found! Shoes are darling, too. Oh! Thanks for stopping by my blog today and for commenting, too. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love those adorable shoes and figure...so sweet.
    Thanks for coming over...come back, I just posted some more thrifts. :)
    I am linking up to follow you...come follow me, we may meet in the middle and swap some thrifts....:))
    xo bj

    ReplyDelete
  15. The brain surgeon idea is too great! Would be worth it to play that card at parties, haha ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this shoes but I'm with you why do we buy them if they hurt??? High heal are the killer for me, so pretty but so hard to ear! Thanks for stopping by, Laura

    ReplyDelete
  17. Why yes, I have bought terrible shoes :) I hear ya... but after a time. I would definitely steal those cute baubles for something else!

    A brain surgeon! Classic :)

    ReplyDelete