I had grand plans of setting the four patch blocks on point but made the blocks with a 1-1/2" border and sashing and didn't like the look. I set the project aside for a couple of weeks. Then out came the seam ripper and I deconstructed what I had done.
Since I want my piecework to improve, I took care to match all of the seams in the blocks. There was a lot of redoing in my quest for excellence.
I wanted to make this as big as possible with my fabric on hand. I saved all of the smaller precuts so I could make the big piano key border. This quilt used up all of my low volume and feedsack fabrics.
I will update the post after I "quilt by check," so this will be ready to be gifted in a couple of months.
Linking up with emsscrapbag.blogspot.com for Moving it Forward Monday.
Making an appearance also at myquiltinfatuation for Needle & Thread Thursday.