Google tag

Monday, May 27, 2019

Wedding quilt for a June bride

What a wonderful way to kick off upcoming June with a finished quilt top and backing whose final destination is for a new bride. I used up the entirety of my low volume fabric creating this twin-sized quilt. 

I had grand plans of setting the four patch blocks on point but made the blocks with a 1-1/2" border and sashing and didn't like the look. I set the project aside for a couple of weeks. Then out came the seam ripper and I deconstructed what I had done.

Since I want my piecework to improve, I took care to match all of the seams in the blocks. There was a lot of redoing in my quest for excellence. 

I wanted to make this as big as possible with my fabric on hand. I saved all of the smaller precuts so I could make the big piano key border. This quilt used up all of my low volume and feedsack fabrics. 
I will update the post after I "quilt by check," so this will be ready to be gifted in a couple of months. 

Linking up with emsscrapbag.blogspot.com for Moving it Forward Monday.

Making an appearance also at myquiltinfatuation for Needle & Thread Thursday. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm always sad when I hear someone has to unsew because I surely know the feeling. Usually we're so much happier afterwards and I'm glad to see that your quilt turned out beautiful. I'm sure the bride will LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete