Wedding quilt for a June bride

What a wonderful way to kick off upcoming June with a finished quilt top and backing whose final destination is for a new bride. I used up the entirety of my low volume fabric creating this twin-sized quilt. 

I had grand plans of setting the four patch blocks on point but made the blocks with a 1-1/2" border and sashing and didn't like the look. I set the project aside for a couple of weeks. Then out came the seam ripper and I deconstructed what I had done.

Since I want my piecework to improve, I took care to match all of the seams in the blocks. There was a lot of redoing in my quest for excellence. 

I wanted to make this as big as possible with my fabric on hand. I saved all of the smaller precuts so I could make the big piano key border. This quilt used up all of my low volume and feedsack fabrics. 
I will update the post after I "quilt by check," so this will be ready to be gifted in a couple of months. 

Linking up with emsscrapbag.blogspot.com for Moving it Forward Monday.

Making an appearance also at myquiltinfatuation for Needle & Thread Thursday. 

Comments

Susie H said…
I'm always sad when I hear someone has to unsew because I surely know the feeling. Usually we're so much happier afterwards and I'm glad to see that your quilt turned out beautiful. I'm sure the bride will LOVE it!

Popular posts from this blog

Blogspat and Mighty Minion ready to spring into action

Ninja Captain Alex's Top Ten Movie Countdown Blogfest

Gearing up for the weekend outdoor sales

Stacks of books and Mounds of Fabric

Outtakes and favorities from 30 Days of Photographs III