Torquoise is one of my favorite colors. The story behind this ring is that it is a gift from my mother. She bought this ring from a Native American silversmith in Montana. I still remember the summer trip and the talented jewelry-maker.
Joyce from This Side of the Pond
Hodgepodge Qs and my As ~
1. In an effort to combat obesity, the mayor of NYC has plans to ban the sale of large sugary drinks (anything over 16 oz.), initially in restaurants, movie theatres, and street carts. Corner stores would also be affected if they are defined as food service establishments. You can read more here. Your thoughts?
Let them eat cake.
2. Art festival, music festival, food festival...which would you most like to attend?
Art! then music, or wait, perhaps food. Why not combine them all in one?
3. What are you irrational about?
Sheesh - EVERYTHING!
4. Do you feel confident you'll have a comfortable retirement?
Now there is an oxymoron - comfortable retirement. I am not confident about anything related to future finances. Having said that, I jumped on the Facebook IPO bandwagon and purchased 6 shares at $20 each. Not a huge investment, it will keep me entertained for awhile watching the stock go up (and down).
5. What's been your favorite Olympic moment so far?
Seeing the American athletes' reactions when they win gold medals.
6. What would you label as the messiest room in your house?
Mr. VZ's office.
7. Do you follow your heart or your head?
It depends on what decision is being made - financial (head), relationships (heart).
8. Insert your own random thought here.
It should be quite apparent by now that I am very PRO-thrift shopping. I can't imagine why people wouldn't shop that way. Course, there are certain items on the do-not-buy-thrift list, but other than that it is a blast!
Savvy Southern Style
Last, but not least No Minimalist Here