Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Day 8 of Photograph A Day (Favorite Color), and linkups


Torquoise is one of my favorite colors.  The story behind this ring is that it is a gift from my mother.  She bought this ring from a Native American silversmith in Montana.  I still remember the summer trip and the talented jewelry-maker. 


Joyce from This Side of the Pond

Hodgepodge Qs and my As ~

1. In an effort to combat obesity, the mayor of NYC has plans to ban the sale of large sugary drinks (anything over 16 oz.), initially in restaurants, movie theatres, and street carts. Corner stores would also be affected if they are defined as food service establishments. You can read more here. Your thoughts?

Let them eat cake.  

2. Art festival, music festival, food festival...which would you most like to attend?

Art!  then music, or wait, perhaps food.  Why not combine them all in one?  

3. What are you irrational about?

Sheesh - EVERYTHING!  

4. Do you feel confident you'll have a comfortable retirement?

Now there is an oxymoron - comfortable retirement.  I am not confident about anything related to future finances.  Having said that, I jumped on the Facebook IPO bandwagon and purchased 6 shares at $20 each.  Not a huge investment, it will keep me entertained for awhile watching the stock go up (and down). 

 5. What's been your favorite Olympic moment so far?

Seeing the American athletes' reactions when they win gold medals.  


6. What would you label as the messiest room in your house?


Mr. VZ's office.  

7. Do you follow your heart or your head?

It depends on what decision is being made - financial (head), relationships (heart).  

8. Insert your own random thought here.

It should be quite apparent by now that I am very PRO-thrift shopping.  I can't imagine why people wouldn't shop that way.  Course, there are certain items on the do-not-buy-thrift list, but other than that it is a blast!  




Savvy Southern Style

Last, but not least No Minimalist Here

The button reads "Thursday" but she's got the link up starting this date.

9 comments:

  1. I love seeing the medals awarded too-one of my favorite parts of the games. I'm not a thrifter. I'm not a big spender and I do look for bargains but I don't have the patience for that sort of shopping.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mom and my daughter hate thrifting too. You have to sort through a ton of junk to find a treasure.

      Delete
  2. I like seeing the faces of the medal winners! All that work finally paying off! I need to be a thrift shop shopper- I don't know why I'm not. Their stuff is much more interesting than the 'new' stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes there is a dearth of nothingness too, it is the special finds that are so thrilling ~

      Delete
  3. Yes I agree, combine them all together!!! Glad you enjoy thrift shopping.
    Thanks for stopping over, so nice to meet you. Skye is a Cairn Terrier which is like Toto in The Wizard of Oz. She is a doll and 3 1/2 years old.
    Charlie with her is a West Highland Terrier, he is my granddog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I say, let them drink sugar! Your questions and answers were a fun diversion!
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hehe to your answer to #1 :) I admire those who thrift and find great deals but I have not done so well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yard saling is my thing. I don't do well at thrift stores but half my wardrobe, work and play, are pre-owned. The only way to shop! Why is the government telling us what to drink and what size anyway? Isn't that our right to choose?

    ReplyDelete