Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Day 15 of Photograph A Day ("Vintage") and Wonderful Wednesday

A couple of things vintage ~


Luckily, the owners of this building in Ione, California, have retained the original Coca-Cola and J. Newman Produce signage.  


My family discovered a collection of AVON fragrances, lip balms and pins that I had saved from when my mom sold those products.  These Small World lip balms are from the 1970s.  In the months to come, I will highlight these beauties in my posts.  

Since mom was an AVON lady, I used to help her bag the customers' orders for her delivery route.  She would receive boxes of product and samples (those were the best!)  There were these tiny lipstick samples that were the perfect size for a young girl.  

We saved boxes and boxes of the decanturs until we grew weary of having all of the original, unopened, seemingly uncollectible AVON.  I see some of those decanturs showing up in thrift shops.  Now, I kind of wish that we had kept them.

Do you have any AVON collectibles?  

Linking up with Little Petrie


8 comments:

  1. My Mom sold Avon when I was a young girl as well. I loved it when her shipment would come in, I would also get to help bag it all up. I can still smell all the wonderful goodness! Thanks for bringing back that wonderful memory!
    Your new follower,
    Terrie - HearthandWhimsy.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by my blog! Love those Avon fragrance bottles!

    xo
    Alex

    ReplyDelete
  3. That top photo would be a great location for a shoot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. New follower here. Thanks for checking my blog out. I just loved those little lipsticks. We had a lady on our street growing up that was an Avon Lady and she would give us those. They were to fun to play with.

    www.adventureswithcaptaindestructo.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that picture! That's so fun that you discovered all the Avon stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My mother bought Avon on a regular basis when I was in high school, but I never paid much attention to most of the things she bought. Soap on a Rope was a big stand out for me though.


    Lee
    Wrote By Rote

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE that vintage building!!!
    xo sandra
    redrose-vintage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great building photo - love those faded signs.

    Me too on the Avon Lady mom. Mine was Avon and Tupperware in both the UK and USA. We always had a product closet that had that lingering scent of cosmetics. (I always loved the miniature lipstick samples)

    Thanks for stopping by my blog today...

    ReplyDelete