Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Day 28 of Photograph A Day (Pattern) and Tuesday Time Out blog hop

While I have never claimed to be a seamstress, I do attempt sewing projects from time to time.  For some odd reason, I picked up this pattern.  It is a simple, classic look and while the dress seems a tad long, I think it could be easily altered to update the style.


One blogger I think is well worth a mention, esp. in the sewing realm, is Sew Misunderstood.  Psycho Sue is a plus-sized beauty.  I so adore her choices of prints and patterns.

Sew Misunderstood/

Where fatshion misfits, glamor queens, vintage babes, and sewing goddesses can feel perfectly at home! Gabba Gabba We accept you, we accept you, one of us!

Since we are on the subject of patterns - here are a couple of images from the 1960s.

Photo by Bert Stern, 1967

Twiggy by Richard Avedon, 1968

Linking to Tuesday Time Out Reasons to Skip the Housework

Reasons To Skip The Housework

2 comments: