Thursday, August 30, 2012

First year Blogiversary, Day 30 of Photograph A Day (Current Project), Time Travel Thursday and Thursdays Are Your Days

Today is my first year blogiversary!  woohoo, yay, cheers.  Here I kept thinking I started my blog in October.  Swilly wabbit.  A holla out to all of my followers - so glad you've joined me along for this ride.  I've been blog hippity-hopping all month long so I could meet my personal goal of 100 followers (I'm almost there!)

Now that I am back in the business of 35mm slide scanning, I have a backlog of images to scan and post.  This is one of the favorites of my "rescued" slide series.  Roller-skating girl from what I believe to be the Jackson, Michigan area around the 1960s.  Do you remember those strap-on skates?  


Here is my current project (photograph a day topic) - Mr. Ted E. Bear, one of those fabric sew-em-togethers.  I bought Ted and the little nautical iron-on at the thrift shop earlier in the month.  I figured I'd give him the Tami flair (that would mean sparkles, spangles, fluffles and the like).  Who knows, maybe he will be my first Etsy offering.  


It wouldn't be an anniversary celebration without a post of a Baby Doll Mugshot ~

  
Composition doll is currently bidding on shopgoodwill.com for $5.  Baby doll boy comes from Goodwill of the Heartland in Iowa City, Iowa.  So what if he is a little cross-eyed, baby dolls need lovin too. 

Since I've posted a vintage image of roller-skater girl, I am linking with The Brambleberry Cottage

And 52 Mantels

52 Mantels

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your Blogaversary!! Mine was the first week of August. I just got my 100th follower this week so you're doing great already being at 97.
    Boy do i remember the strap on skates. I have many memories of scratched up knees.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pictures. Happy one year anniversary to blogging. I just love it. I read more than I post comments to and just love to spend the evening looking over other blogs. Yours is great. Keep it up. Thanks, msqueenfashionista.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy one year blogiversary to you! Oh yes I remember those strap on skates...wish I had my old pair now. That baby doll mugshot is so darn funny! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy, Happy Anniversary! Congratulations. It takes a lot of work to keep a blog going so well. I love the girl skating, and I remember very well those skates and looking for the key all the time. What great times. Like Betsy, I so wished I still had mine. Also laughed out loud when I saw that doll mug shot. Hilarious! Thanks for stopping over at Quirky Vistas and leaving me a comment. I'm your new follower. Hope you'll come back by and follow as well if you like.
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Blogiversary! Thanks for stopping by Boys Oh Boys!

    ReplyDelete