Day 15 of Photograph A Day ("Vintage") and Wonderful Wednesday

A couple of things vintage ~


Luckily, the owners of this building in Ione, California, have retained the original Coca-Cola and J. Newman Produce signage.  


My family discovered a collection of AVON fragrances, lip balms and pins that I had saved from when my mom sold those products.  These Small World lip balms are from the 1970s.  In the months to come, I will highlight these beauties in my posts.  

Since mom was an AVON lady, I used to help her bag the customers' orders for her delivery route.  She would receive boxes of product and samples (those were the best!)  There were these tiny lipstick samples that were the perfect size for a young girl.  

We saved boxes and boxes of the decanturs until we grew weary of having all of the original, unopened, seemingly uncollectible AVON.  I see some of those decanturs showing up in thrift shops.  Now, I kind of wish that we had kept them.

Do you have any AVON collectibles?  

Linking up with Little Petrie


9 comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spooky Steampunk lap quilt

Let's talk uglies

Surprise gift for a supervisor - quilted kennel cover