Google tag

Tuesday, April 23, 2024

Day Devoted to Listing

My usual practice listing eBay items is to photograph one day, edit photos on another day, and then prepare the listings on yet another day.  I tried to do it all in one day, but I took not one but two naps. 😴 So I listed the next day, still not a slouch. 

Sourcing for product is ultimately more fun than listing. While I catch up on a couple of categories, I lurk on the online auctions. My latest purchase this $40 mystery box (shipping cost included). It was described as "Box of various assorted size and themed fabric patterns." I can name that tune in 2 notes! It will only take a sale of two items to make my money back on this purchase. There might be a Holy Grail of a Folkwear sewing pattern and perhaps some folded pieced fabric. These are the items I look for - mystery boxes at low prices. Auctions that seemed to be ignored by other purchasers. 


The morning meant I finished listing the boring sewing patterns. None were exceptional and are the bread and butter of my business.  

Sometimes I keep a kit. This fish one came across priced at $5.99. Hard to get a good image, it is still sealed in package. I particularly like the needlework roping framing the fish.


Yarn has been in my deathpile queue for a few weeks. Here is the best of it listed. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/186410113423

I've had good luck in locating needle kits at thrift, this one is the best of that group. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/186410333785

There will be another sewing pattern listing session before I move into Barbie clothes, books, and CDs awaiting in the wings. 

I am also culling for spring cleaning. Things need to be ship shape for summer so I can enjoy every minute of it. 🌞

No comments:

Post a Comment