Google tag

Wednesday, April 3, 2024

Boinging Back to College and the Blessing of the Beads

As I have noted earlier, I returned to college for an 8 week course of Women in Art this spring semester. My 70 year old brother's reaction when I told him I went back to college, "AGAIN?" and "You need to turn off those after burners." 😆

I have BOINGED back to college at least 5 times. My first attempt was at Highline Community College in Washington. Then I moved to Arizona and went to Phoenix College. [Insert 20-year hiatus here] I have attended classes at Sacramento City College off and on for the past 10 years or so. 

I only take one class a semester, the majority have been online. I am not in any hurry. Full term fall semester will be August 24 - December 19, and classes are posted. Drawing and Composition 1 is an all day Friday class or mornings Tues./Thurs. After I get my Art History degree, maybe I will become an Art Major. 😀 I must skew the college demographics something awful. 

Segueing to gardening. This is my front garden in full bloom. 

I have planted seeds in the greenhouse. Some seeds have volunteered from last year's plants. The greenhouse was nearly destroyed from the ungodly winds we had experienced. We are going to wrap the structure in hog wire, rather than replace missing plastic panels. 

Ending the post with my thrift shop find of all kinds of beautiful beads. $12.99 for the bag and I had a $10 off credit. I didn't know the delights I had in the bag until I got home. There was much ooooing and aaahhing. Plenty of beads to embellish or even repair beaded items. 

In my childhood, I made flower rings made from seed beads. I appreciate this thrift gift from mystery bead crafter. 


Thrift shop gods certainly smiled on me. I am still basking in the happy finish of a competition quilt that included these types of beads. Looks like there is more beadwork in my future.🔮

No comments:

Post a Comment