Google tag

Sunday, April 14, 2024

Buttons and the Backup Wedding Dress

My next category to enter for sale will be Buttons. When I buy sewing items in lots, I find buttons still on their original cards. While I like to keep the loose buttons for projects and repairs, I usually don't sew garments. Pictured below is my loose button stash.  

The last of the 80 yard-sale sewing patterns went on the boards. This was the only pattern of note - a Russian hat. Reminds me of the movie Doctor Zhivago

https://www.ebay.com/itm/186392450021

Segueing to talk of my daughter's wedding. A location has been chosen, and a date in September 2025 is set. She wants to buy a new dress, I told her I would buy a "backup" wedding dress at thrift. This one came through hospice thrift priced at $12.99. Too beautiful to pass up, it has a few minor stains. I will try to work out how to fix that. She probably won't want the dress. I will keep it until after her wedding and sell it. 


Moving along much better in my eBay listing. I culled the majority of the rag dolls for sale. The primitives sell well, the others not so much. 

I don't know why I have so much trouble listing random items. Father's Day is fast approaching and these need a new home. I have had these 1980s Ducks Unlimited mugs for at least 2 years. Thrift shop price was around $5 a piece, priced at $120 for the pair. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/186392614361

Next listing session is Yarn. Just sold 9 skeins of Caron Christmas yarn for $35! Those were from a church rummage sale lot of yarn, average cost of purchase 10¢ per skein. 

No comments:

Post a Comment