Google tag

Thursday, April 8, 2021

Greenhouse update and Grammasonacid

Each new gardening season brings challenges and adjustments. This year, I planted the seeds directly into the greenhouse. Last year, I started seeds in little starter pods and nearly all of them germinated. I've got potatoes growing, in seed form are radishes, beets, tomatoes, watermelon, and butternut squash. Pole beans have self-seeded and are sprouting. A couple of sunflowers and tomato plants survived the winter. 


The asparagus fern is a result of me not cutting it in time. I let it grow into a protective shade fern during the summer months and then cut it all back in the winter. 

The artichoke went into the greenhouse because the deer would eat it to the ground and some other burrowing animal would bite it off at the top of the root. 

I will give a greenhouse update on my "Z" challenge post. 

Introducing my website where all the magic happens. Grammasonacid.com

Still in its infancy, I have yet to fully capitalize on it. It hosts my videos, blog posts, and link to my eBay store. 


Gnochi Au Gratin

Prepare a "pate a choux" after recipe, from the following ingredients: one pint of milk, a pinch of salt, and a little nutmeg, four oz. of butter, two-thirds lb. of flour, and six eggs. When the paste is ready, combine with it four oz. of grated Parmesan cheese. Divide this paste into portions the size of walnuts; drop them in boiling, salted water, and poach them.

As soon as the gnochi rise to the surface of the water, and seem springy to the touch, drain them on a piece of linen.

Coat the bottom of a gratin-dish with Mornay sauce; set the gnochi upon the latter; cover them with the same sauce; sprinkle with grated cheese and melted butter, and set the gratin to form in a moderate oven from 15 to 20 minutes. 

The Escoffier Cook Book

No comments:

Post a Comment