Google tag

Wednesday, April 20, 2022

Quilting and such

Some wonderful soul left these adorable quilt hearts hanging on foliage around downtown Sacramento. 

I would be remiss if I didn't devote a post to quilting, one my passions. Even though I am nowhere near prolific in creating such fabric art, I do complete 2-3 bedsized quilts each year.

I would define my patchwork piecing technique as free form. Certainly in the case of this state fair entry I have translated from canvas (print in a book) to quilt. I do square up the blocks and borders. 

Happy mistakes some occur, where you might not have intended to piece two dissimilar fabrics together, but they somehow mesh. 

I have made great progress on my State Fair Quilt for entry into competition at the California State Fair. The competition guide is now posted, my entry will be in Division 165, Other Fiber Art, Class 4, Any Other Fiber Art. 

Tarot card of the day


No comments:

Post a Comment