Google tag

Friday, April 1, 2022

Aprons, Annual reviews, and Accomplishing Your Dreams

This year's A to Z Challenge Apron is all about the ruffles! Modeling a thrift shop apron is a (nearly) annual commemorative event. 


You might see a Pattern of the Day in a couple of posts. 


These springtime ones were recently listed on eBay. 
https://www.ebay.com/itm/185360581317
https://www.ebay.com/itm/185360593649

https://www.ebay.com/itm/185360600444

At first, I listed items for sale on eBay under auction-style and kept having to renew the listings as they ended. I came to the realization that I could list items as Best Offer. Now, I accept All offers. I once sold a CD for $1 (zero profit) because I didn't want to counter such a low bid.  

Admittedly, the first few posts of this challenge center around quilting. Fur babies, cats and a dog, a smidgen of gardening will all be part of this annual festival. 

Some Tarot Card of the Day from a 1970s deck will be highlighted. 
It is my favorite deck. I like the artist's spare lines and minimalist look. 

The theme for the entire group participating in the challenge is Accomplishing Your Dreams. I am in what I hope to be my last departmental move in state service. I have no more aspirations for promotion and am happy in my current position as an analyst. 

I am delighted that my "second job" as a reseller has evolved into a small but steady income. As I am sure, everyone who was confined to their house found something to keep themselves busy. I went through everything I owned, had been a sewing pattern collector for many years, and listed things for sale. 

Finally, if there is no other take away from visits to Tamiland, it will be this one: Perform an annual review of referring URLs so you know where to concentrate your efforts. 

I just deactivated my Facebook page associated with this blog. Other social media to go by the wayside for me were Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok. My only social media presence is my personal Facebook account, Pinterest, and this blog. 

I was surprised to see Pinterest was a top referring URL. Granted, I do pin my Countdown to Christmas posts, and lately, unique retro sewing patterns. There were a couple of other blogs where I was highlighted in their sidebar as a favorite to follow. 

I am blog no. 69 on the A to Z Master List. 
File, Make a Copy of the Master List for yourself! Click this:
https://tinyurl.com/AtoZ22
There are many days to go, and people to visit, so come along for the A to Z ride! 


#AtoZChallenge 2022 banner

3 comments:

  1. Such memories of those patterns in packages. Thanks for showing those.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love those old packets. Thank you for your post, happy A2Z

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember seeing those Simplicity patterns in the store. Not that I was looking for them or anything, but they used to have a lot of them in certain variety stores.

    I started to set up an Ebay account to start selling some of my stuff. I never got off the ground with it though. I've known some eBay sellers who have done pretty well with it.

    Nice start to the Challenge!

    Arlee Bird
    Tossing It Out Battle of the Bands

    ReplyDelete