Google tag

Thursday, April 7, 2022

Flea Market Frauleins, and a Fool for Fabric

Flea market stands in place for this F letter day on the A to Z challenge. Each month, a flea market is held up country Amador County, California, at the Italian Fairgrounds. 



Fugly - fabric that is ugly. Ok, some might not be ugly, but for my purposes, not useful as quilting material. I recently sent a sewing pattern wrapped in a TV series The Big Bang Theory cast and logo print material. I deal in so much fabric. I keep way too much fabric. Even though the quilt top below is very bright, it is one of my keeper projects.  Ah well, just call me a Fool for Fabric. 
Gigantic x blocks adorn this Just Look At Me flimsy. Flimsy, in quilter language, is just the quilt top without the backing and batting. 

Tarot Card of the Day

3 comments:

  1. I love that "flimsy"! It's like a blast from the past color scheme. I had late 60's and early 70's clothes that could be made of!

    Donna
    Mainely Write

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lot of fabric to use. Yes you need to keep it. A to Z challenge makes you write. Write and interact with a big blogger community.
    Effectiveness, Efficiency and Excellence - Engineering Supervision

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting! I love quilts but dont have the patience. I tried a rudimentary one for my grandchild and enjoyed making that. I think it had more of the 'Flimsy' you have mentioned and less backing.. Happy AtoZ!!

    ReplyDelete