Google tag

Tuesday, April 5, 2022

Diamond quilt blocks

Hot Diggity Dog! Found in a thrift shop bag of fabric for $2.99, were these 34 diamond quilt blocks. I could not be happier. With the right border fabric, I could extend this to at least twin-bed sized. 


Mystery quilter should be happy to know the patchwork piecework will finally come together into a finished quilt. 

All of the sewing patterns that need to be listed for sale on eBay. Sometimes it can be daunting, I guess that is why it came to be known as the death pile. You could work yourself to death trying to keep up. 


6 comments:

  1. Diamond patterns can be very attractive--like this one.

    Arlee Bird
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky you! Those are some fabulous blocks. I just went through and sorted out the patterns I will never sew or no longer the right size. Vintage up to modern. I wish you lived close and could take what you wanted of them. It sort of breaks my heart a little to drive them to the thrift store to donate, but I don't have the energy to sell them online myself. Good luck working through your stack! (I visited your ebay store and had to smile when I saw several of the same vintage ones I'd just sorted out in my stash!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for thinking of me with the patterns! It does take a lot of energy to list them, but once they are it is smooth sailing because I don't mind packaging them for mailing.
      First time I have run into diamond blocks and they are such pretty ones.

      Delete
  3. That does look like a great find! I don't do crafts but I know when I go looking around at thrift stores and the like, I see half finished projects for sale, skeins of yarn, etc. Good that someone can buy things like this and make them into finished projects!

    betty
    https://benchsnotebook.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see tons of yarn at thrift but have no use for it since I won't master knitting or crochet.

      Delete