Google tag

Saturday, April 2, 2022

George the black cat and a baby quilt


A black cat has adopted us to join the 3 kitty clan to make 4. He is quite feral, only appears at feeding time, and is beginning to come closer to me. I have never had a black cat, more than one grey one, but not black. I have named him George. It is possible he is the neighbor's cat, a family that is moving to Arkansas. I am hoping they leave George behind.

And on to the baby quilt, made for a family that recently immigrated to America. The baby is a 7 month old girl. The quilt is comprised of pinwheel blocks, fairy and My Little Pony print fabric, with the backing all in flannel. 


The final step giving the baby quilt away was to tie it in leftover binding.

Another baby quilt is queued up for a relative's new arrival in early summer. 

Ending the post with a Pattern of the Day - Barbie Clothes!


6 comments:

  1. Well, interesting. We do thrifting but not for resale.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tami. The cat is so adorable. Two little kitties have also adopted us. We live out in the country down a dirt road that ends right below us. People have set out lots of animals and they become wild. A wild mama cat came through our yard with some babies one day. Then I heard two cats fighting in the woods behind our house. After that , the little ones showed up so I assumed their mama was killed. They were very scared of us at first. Now they have gotten use to us and will come up to us. The solid black one I call Midnight. The black/white one I call Bandit. They are so funny sometimes and I really enjoy watching them.
    Love the quilt. I am sure it will be much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have always loved those old pattern covers - they suggest a perfect world where everyone smiles all the time... Maybe whi I went to a dressmaking evening class and made myself a man's shirt many years ago.
    Thanks for visiting https://how-would-you-know.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, Tami. Thanks for visiting us. Biggles here, the guinea pig.I'm using Mummy's Blogger thing because I haven't one of my own.
    Several of our aunties have kitty cats, but I don't know if they are black or not. The covers and blankets look lovely.
    Have a nice time this April.
    Biggles

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the Barbie doll patterns, so nice to think that maybe folk still take the time to make clothes for somebody's beloved doll.

    ReplyDelete