Monday, December 3, 2012

Countdown to Kitschmas Day 3 - Feliz Navidad, And You Are ... blog hop

60s star clock

Throwing in some more 60s kitsch from shopgoodwill.com - vintage Rushton elf sold last month for over $100, guess it is time to get those elves out of the attic and onto EBay!


Here are two kitschy cuties that were up for adoption at Snowline Hospice thrift in Placerville.



The residents on F Street in Sacramento can always be counted on to decorate for the fall and winter holidays.


What I am listening to ~ Navidad Cubana by Cuba L.A.


Sneaking in a blog hop hosted by Emily at getbusywriting and Tammy tammybr2, with the following Q and A:

  

1.  How many speeding tickets (special Officer coupons) have you received?

Nada, nopity dopity.  Admittedly, I have received one super special "click it" ticket from a nice young officer that didn't like my (removed my seat belt because I was having a hot flash) excuse.

2.  Can you pitch a tent?

Yes, and I can name that tune in 2 notes.

3.  What was your worst vacation EVER?  

Mr. VZ and I drove from Sacramento to Baja.  Mexico is my most unfavorite place, especially the interior.  Mr. VZ speaks fluent Spanish, I, on the other hand, speak a fractured form of Spanglish.  I don't think I heard a word of English for 2 weeks.  While there was some sun and sand, there definitely was not any SHOPPING and my vacation requisites include SUN, SAND, SHOPPING + SHOWS.

4.  What was the last thing you bought over $100?

Does college tuition count?  I paid for two classes for the spring semester.

5.  We are handing you the keys to what?

My own private office at Microsoft. (Update - now I want the keys to my own She Shed barn.)

6.  What was the last meal you cooked that made even you sick?  

Sheesh, I can't recall that ever happening.  We do have a running joke about my "nagasaki" (sorry a politically incorrect term) chicken, a whole chicken on the rotisserie that turned out charcoal black, but was still edible.

7.  Fill in the blank:  "Oh my gosh!  Becky, look at her butt!  It is so big.  She looks like she could star in the Baby Got Back video."

8.  What was your first car?  

I have an entire blog post dedicated to this one - behind the wheel.

9.  Your best friend falls and gets hurt.  Do you ask if he/she is okay or laugh first?  

I am not the type that laughs and I absolutely loathe practical jokes.

10.  What is the worst song EVER?  

I will go with Christmas-themed, I am kinda partial to Dominick The Italian Christmas Donkey.  For those of you that have never experienced this quirky little tune ...  (so I lied, I kinda like this song)

12 comments:

  1. A private office at Microsoft? Who do you want to be, Bill Gates? :) I've never heard of that song. I'll get David to Google if for me pronto.

    Thanks for participating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some great photos, and a fantastic countdown! Can't wait to see what is to come...

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband speaks fluent spanish too, sometimes I try to understand what he's saying and I just end up with a headache!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really miss the Christmas lights and decoration like they do back in the States. They don't do much of that where I live. ): Anyway, you did make me google Dominick The Italian Christmas Donkey, and I see what you mean, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That clock is such a classic! And I always get blown away by the Christmas light (competition?) decoration some Americans put up. Electricity is very expensive in Sweden, you just couldn't work it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmm, that was an interesting response to #5. I'm curious what your motivation is there?

    ReplyDelete
  7. never heard of the song...but a donkey song? say what? what were they thinking??

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, obviously that cop had never had a hot flash!

    Shannon at The Warrior Muse

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't think I could name that tune in five notes...

    ReplyDelete