Thursday, December 6, 2012

Countdown to Kitschmas Day 6 ~ unveiling of the Ugly Christmas Sweater

From a rescued slide dated 1968

These shopgoodwill.com ornaments look as old as that float ~


The two images above qualify me to participate in Coloradolady's


*drum roll* I present the unveiling of this year's Ugly Christmas Sweater!



This sweater was a thrift shop find NWT (new with tag) some months back.  Here is the sweater in closer detail - I am gonna wear the heck out of this one!



This guy knows how to work it!

via alpenwasser

If only I could find this gem of an outfit ....

Linking with Kyra Lennon for her:



Group of odd kitschy elves for $12.50 at the Goodwill on 16th Street in Sacramento.


When all else fails, smoke and drink your way through the holiday!


via The Nifty Fifties


What I am listening to ~ Dean Martin's Season's Greetings.  I didn't realize I already had this CD, just different cover art.  Fav track - Baby It's Cold Outside.  


This is a 24-day blog hop, you can link in anytime during that period, no rules - other than family friendly, no follows required, link up your posts that are:

Kitschy
Quirky
Retro/Vintage
Outfits - Ugly Christmas Sweaters most def welcome!  

18 comments:

  1. Okay...so if I sign up...do I get to wear an ugly sweater? Oh, man! Which shall I choose!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! In fact, wear ALL of them - we loves multiple photo shots.

      Delete
  2. The key to pulling off the ugly Christmas sweater is definitely knowing how to work it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That guy in the red sweater... wow...
    I am curious if any of the pictures you are posting are of your own stuff? I want to see your kitschmas home! :)
    Here's my contribution too Kitschmas: http://msmisantropia.blogspot.se/2012/12/kitschmas-gothidays-day-5-tree.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The images are a combination of my kitsch, others kitsch, online kitsch - I try to credit the image when I know the source.

      I really haven't decorated much at my home. It just means having to take all the stuff down again.

      Delete
  4. Love your post filled with sense of humor and lots of holiday cheer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful Christmas post. Love the elves from the Goodwill.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Someone snagged those elves righty quick. I went back a couple of days later and they were gone.

      Delete
  6. OMG! I forgot about the ugly Christmas sweater, lol! I love the picture of the guy "working" the sweater, fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want a dozen of those Christmas Tree hats, please. ;) I know I would rock with them. hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the sweater, my favorite color - black.

    I was wondering do you have zombie Christmas kitch?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The 12/7 zombie post is the extent of my kitsch - one CD, guess that is about it ... I'll keep an eye out for that genre.

      Delete
  9. Thanks for being part of the Blindsided bloghop!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your pix always crack me up! But actually, that sweater is kind of cute - I like the red cardinal on it! Canu you imagine really wearing that crazy outfit - tree hat and celebration explosion scarf???? Now that's total kitsch!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. The elves grouping is by far my favourite!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You're hilarious. So glad I found you! Great sweater. I love those Elves and I am a op skip and jump form Sacramento!! That vintage ad with the Lucky strikes is too much. SO so gross, I love it.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete