Sunday, December 16, 2012

Countdown to Kitschmas Day 16 ~ Needs me some Napco

Rescued slide (date and location unknown)

I love these Napco ceramics - Santa was adopted for $30 on shopgoodwill.com.  


AND spaghetti-trimmed Santa No. 2 - also an online offering.  


The Snowline Hospice thrift shops in Cameron Park were 50% on Saturday.  I do not know what this kitschy cute fabric hanging was priced at - all I wanted was the image.  I was inspired by a blog I discovered this past year entitled the "Year of Less."  The blog has since been discontinued by its author, but I have embraced the concept.  As I was decorating this year, I made it my goal to eliminate at least once tubful of stored Christmas decorations.


Rather than put up a full-sized tree, I have small displays around the living room.  This one has the requisite Muffy VanderBear and I am utilizing my doll armoire to hang my metal Western-themed ornaments.


These metal stock sculptures would fit perfectly in my garden!  I didn't dare ask the price - they were on display in Placerville on Main Street.


On to my thrift shop finds - bought the doggy costume ($3) for a 2013 blog event.  The jar for $6.25 is filled with game pieces, poker chips and marbles.  The spring print scarf was a mere 75 cents.


The autumn print scarf, gold hair braided hair band and Old Navy orange and purple bulbs - all three were priced at $1.50 each.


What I am listening to ~ Andrea Bocelli Sacred Arias.  This is one of my fav CDs! 



This is a 24-day blog hop, you can link in anytime during that period, no rules - other than family friendly, no follows required, link up your posts that are:

Kitschy
Quirky
Retro/Vintage
Outfits - Ugly Christmas Sweaters most def welcome!  

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for visiting my blog recently, and for sharing these fun, festive pictures.

    ReplyDelete