Friday, December 7, 2012

Countdown to Kitschmas Day 7 and a Zombie Blog Hop

Zombie hopping with Precious Monsters



Lawd only knows why I picked up this book, other than I am a Dean Koontz fan.  Thought the book fit the "kitschy" criteria - the illustrator Phil Parks did a great job.


A creepy 60s Santa to fit right in the mood ~ the description on shopgoodwill.com reads:  Vintage Santa Music Box, Santa Head Circa 1960's Plays an Unidentified Christmas Song and Turns in a circle.   Queue skreechy music!


Dovima photographed by Richard Avedon for Harper's Bazaar, December 1955


Might as well make it creepy doll day - these two look "zombie-ized" - both were offered for sale earlier this week at a thrift shop in Jackson, California.



What I am NOT listening to ~ Tales from the Crypt, Have Yourself a Scary Little Christmas.  I spent $2 to buy this CD for the cover art for this post.  I tried, I really tried to listen to this CD.  Ah well, they can't all be winners.





This is a 24-day blog hop, you can link in anytime during that period, no rules - other than family friendly, no follows required, link up your posts that are:

Kitschy
Quirky
Retro/Vintage
Outfits - Ugly Christmas Sweaters most def welcome!  







12 comments:

  1. Those dolls are so creepy! ~~ I wish you could see all the thrift shop and vintage finds I have in my house. They're so cool!

    ReplyDelete


  2. Hello, Tami Von Zalez.

    Lovely and heartwarming your works..

    Thank you for your visit.
    I thank for your usual and hearty support.
    The prayer for all peace.

    Have a good weekend. From Japan, ruma❃

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love thrift shops and I loved Tales from the Crypt growing up. Never heard the Christmas CD. Lots of good/fun finds on your list here. I know a collector who would love those creepy dolls! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. creepy dolls! ::shudders:: good post ;D

    ReplyDelete
  5. What possibly can an UNidentified Christmas song be? I pretty much thought all those "24 Hour Christmas Music" radio stations had it covered.
    Hell, there's even a song about a frikkin' Christmas DONKEY.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting post.

    I wouldn't want those dolls in my house.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd put those dolls on my front verandah to scare off intruders, I'd probably include a sensor that triggers a creepy little girl giggle.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG-yes, creeeeepy dolls! And that CD. Ha Ha nice try, though! Even the Santa - tattoos on his forehead?????? Scary ...

    ReplyDelete