Sunday, June 26, 2016

Merrily we quilt along

Challenge prompt: "A marathon is 26.2 miles. Marathoners don't start out running 26 miles, they start small and train for it. Tell us about something you worked for, something you thought you might never accomplish but did."

While I have never run a marathon and don't foresee that type of activity in my near future, I have completed 10 quilts ranging from crib to bed sized in the past year. My latest finish, I believe my best work so far, the Hello Kitty backed girl quilt.

I just used a straight stitch with the walking foot. The only free motion quilting used was to sign in stitch "Made by Tami 2016." If I had more time to work on this quilt, I would have added stitches to the sashing or used a higher quality material (live and learn). It took me awhile to see this mistake - I am missing a sashing at the bottom of the quilt, doh! (The Homer Simpson sound of frustration)

Linking up with crazymomquilts for Finish it Up Friday.

When I am quilting, I have to force myself to take breaks. With me, it can turn into a quilting marathon. Because the actual quilting part of the creation requires close attention and detail work, you can't let fatigue set in and ignore it. I can attest to that having severely injured myself while sewing a few months ago.
Fabric remnant organization continues with the gray, brown and beige tones.
Thrift shop finds included an aloha T-shirt, Merona navy blue skirt with big buttons, fabric remnants and a Quilting & Patchwork publication from 1974. Below is one image from that book.
Concluding this post with my orchid in bloom, one of five of my collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment