Google tag

Saturday, April 11, 2020

Mask Making Fail

First off, clang signaling Round 3 of my home sourcing batch of listings. 
I am swimming in sewing patterns. I have scanned in the images and can enjoy them whenever I want. I will never sew with these patterns (with the exception of the apron ones, which are keepers). I was never a fan of clothing construction from start to finish. I much prefer altering an existing garment, buying thrift or from consignment. I can't make clothing for what I can buy secondhand. 

I like selling in lots. Gets rid of inventory for me and adds a couple  of bucks to the listing. I learned how to combine orders in Ebay. Woohoo!

I am a failure at mask making. I have no lovely ones to model. I spent an afternoon trying to construct a couple. Totally blew the pattern on the first try, came closer on the second try but still poorly constructed. I do like the pattern, I just have to master it. 
Man mask making is planned for the near future. He will need either velcro or elastic since he has trouble raising his arms for a tie-on mask. He wants pirate material. I see a trip to Joann's in my future. They are still open in my area so they must have been labeled as "essential." 

Two quilts ready to bind means I have been making great progress moving through my projects. 

3 comments:

  1. My husband needed masks to wear at work and just finding a pattern was enough to make my head spin. Apparently my nerves are so frazzled that I can't handle things like keeping the right sides together. They're awful, but good enough for his purposes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your mask looks good to me. If it covers your nose and mouth, it is a win. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete