Google tag

Sunday, April 5, 2020

Current status: Hyperdrive

Leading off with my state fair flimsy, marking quilting lines on the Mr.'s work bench in the garage. Lot of fun blocks in it. I just had to have a house block, part of the quilt's theme. Some sections were a struggle but I will detail that all in the reveal post. Such a relief to be at this stage - I know I can make the middle of May deadline. 
We all have different coping strategies. While others have complained of feeling unmotivated, unable to focus, and cannot "get in the groove," I have shifted into hyperdrive. I know my remote work time may be limited so I have made the most of my stay-at-home hours. Those want to do projects? Getting done. The have to do projects? On it. My more obscure projects - converting 35mm slides to digital images, converting VHS tapes, and scanning in a 1977 European tour book for a FB group - depending on the length of this worldwide craziness, may all get done. 

Around the turn of the new year the Mr. and I realized a pandemic was headed our way, my attitude changed. I began ramping up my reselling and laser-focused on quilting project goals. I know it is a manic phase. I am going to harness that coping energy and turn it to my financial and goal seeking advantage. 

In anticipation of an edict requiring us to wear face masks, I found a pattern posted on rileyblakedesigns.com/fabric-face-maskI wanted to get clear guidance on what fabric could be used. 


Reseller's update: That survival manual? It sold. My items on average I buy from $1-$2, maybe less, and sell for $15-$20. It is a Tami cleaning house listing extravaganza! Items I had up last year but pulled because I got tired of renewing the auction-style listing are now Fixed Price so I can't withdraw but I also don't need to renew them.  

For some of my packages, I have used remnant fabric for packing. With the Art of French Cooking, I sent a remnant with an Eiffel Tower print. It is a stamp of my personality they receive with the package. 

I just adore blog hops and used to participate in a number of them. One worth a visit is the Spring Clean Your Studio Blog Hop 2020, I've provided the link to the lead-off blogger at huntersdesignstudio.com. Seeing others workspaces intrigue me. The sheer amount of fabric some have is astounding. 

Ending with my favorite image of the week:

No comments:

Post a Comment