Google tag

Friday, April 3, 2020

Highlight of the Day - Trip to the Post Office

When I sell one of my listed items, it means I get to go to the post office! An excuse to leave the house. Our post office, tiny and rural, now has plastic sheeting that extends floor to ceiling that separates workers from customers. Whatever business you have, you have to poke it through or slide it under the sections of the sheeting. 

I also discovered the market has fresh baked goods. I mean I knew they were there, I just had to switch my supplier from downtown coffee shop to rural market. 

I made cashew nut chicken using the green onions I had in the greenhouse. If I could get more organized, I could have it packed with all sorts of edible things. The Mr. describes my gardening style as messy, think country garden. I let everything grow in place, very haphazard. All the little plants deserve their space in the sun. 

I am so excited about the progress I have made on my state fair submission. After ripping out and replacing a large section, it is ready to mark quilting lines, after the addition of piano key borders. This is the fabric pull, lots of fun batik pieces that add a pop of color. Dinosaur is holding some binding for me. 
So glad I have a fabric stash, while I could buy retail online, I try to use thrifted fabric. I am even glad I didn't keep strictly to my 2020 Buy No Fabric Challenge. At this rate, it is possible I could work through my remnants by year's end. The yardage, used for pieced backings, is being winnowed down. 

Reseller's update: I am rearranging my selling area (again). As I am moving and reorganizing my keeper books, I am pulling others to list for sale. We are in for a stormy weekend so my hyper focus will continue with more listings and matchstick quilting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment