Google tag

Monday, April 13, 2020

How does your garden grow?

My experience with gardening each year is it is an experiment. Some plants thrive and others not so much. 

Seed starting last year went well but I had an overabundance of tomato pears. Found out I didn't like them making that even worse. I also planted a stir fry mix from seeds, didn't like them either. They, of course, took off like gangbusters and took up a whole bed in the greenhouse. 

Ferry-Morse seeds I bought this year - Sweet Pepper Rainbow Blend Mix and Tomato Culinary Blend. I am also altering my technique. Last year, I put the seeds under a grow light and they did ok. This year, they are not under a light. After they sprout, I will transfer them to a small container and place them in the window sill. 

I put rhubarb and a blueberry plant each in large movable planters. I killed last year's rhubarb because the sun was too intense where it was planted. A few years ago, lost a blueberry plant to the deer. This plant is in the container within the somewhat fenced patio area. 

Moving on to retail therapy. I admit I have engaged in it. The thread I had intended for the state fair quilt turned out to be too old so I tossed it. I bought 5 spools of turquoise Coats thread for my project. Also bought discounted cotton fabric, one a flamingo print for a fun summer quilt I want to send to the longarmer for her flamingo pattern. A quilt for me, shooting for June completion. I used to make itty bitty lap quilts that are frustratingly small. All my projects now are bed-sized ranging from twin to king. 

Reseller's update: Needlepoint kits continue to sell. No surprise to me there. Some pretty log cabin print yardage did not sell. I pulled the listing. I will eventually use that fabric in a backing. 

I have Round 3 of 25+ listings to begin processing. The one change I am making, sometimes my hand is visible in the image (i.e., showing the side of a book), so from now on I will be wearing my cotton gloves. I just think it will make a better impression.  

No comments:

Post a Comment