Google tag

Monday, April 27, 2020

Let's Talk

California remains in a state of closure. I can't report on thrift shop finds but I have been lurking in the online auctions. 

Now that the state fair is canceled, I just want the work on my state fair quilt to be done. Goal is to have it finished by the end of this month. I want to get back to the Retro Quilt that will be a fast finish flimsy. Then I can start something new. I have a summer quilt that would be a delight. Looking for a pieced flamingo pattern as a center inset. 

I love the blogging platform. I think it fits my style of writing and I am able to share the things that make me happy. Was looking back at so many blogs I had loved to read but their authors stopped posting. 

Reseller's update: Latest sales, a how-to book on making doll shoes, and an Amy Grant Christmas CD. Once I finish Round 4 which is comprised of mainly CDs and patterns, Round 5 will be vintage/odd clothing pieces I have picked up over the years. 
Sally Stand-In modeling B/W apron
I remember this apron but for the life of me I don't know where I put it. It will be another Tami Makes a Discovery event. 

I have found that it is easier to deal with things if I stay home. What I mean is going out and about it is apparent things are not normal. If you are at home, then nearly everything remains the same. It is less stressful. The Mr. and I ventured out the other day for some fast food and grocery shopping but cut our trip short. We were psychologically overwhelmed. We had intended to go to Costco but the thought was too stressful with the lines and the bullhorns and the oddness. We returned home.

On a lighter note, on Friday, I will be participating in a state promotional interview via an app. A three-person panel interview with a 5-10 minute presentation by me. I think a perfect topic would be "How to Make a Face Mask." I will see if that fits their criteria. 

No comments:

Post a Comment