Google tag

Friday, February 1, 2013

Cheesy - Day 1 Topic of the 30M2D Writing Challenge

Those looking for a blog hop - seems I violated the "rules" and had to remove the reference - but the writing challenge goes on ...




30DM2



It comes as no surprise that Nicky and Mike chose "Cheesy" at the lead off, seeing as how they are cheese-obsessed, working for cheese and all.  Link to the other participants in this cheesy challenge weworkforcheese.



Cheese Bar

"So, you come here often?" said the one cheese to the other.  

"I just stopped by for the beer.  My name is Gruyere."  

"Hi, I am Cheddar." 

"We were supposed to be melding together, Romano and I, in a lasagna extravaganza, but he left me for Havarti."

"I hear ya, I was destined for a ham, egg and cheese casserole," Cheddar replied.  
"How about the two of us becoming a fantastical two-cheese panini?"

"Gruyere and Cheddar?  Has it been done before?"  Gruyere inquired.

Gorgonzola blustered into the bar, "Hey, whose cheese-mobile is out front?  It is double-parked." 

"That is mine!" Gruyere said as she scrambled for the door.  

"Isn't she dreamy?  I could crumble over her," remarked Gorgonzola.

"Don't be cheese blocking," Cheddar said, "Gruyere and I were talking about a pairing."

"Oh, sorry buddy, when you see a delightful cheese like her, it just makes your mouth water."  

Gruyere re-entered the bar and Cheddar suggested to her.  "How about an old standby - macaroni and cheese?"

macaroni and cheese

"Mac and cheese - we are made for each other!" exclaimed Gruyere.  "I'm just a fool for love."



21 comments:

  1. Oh for the humanity of cheese! Very clever and creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is extremely cheesy. I think Nicky should award you some bonus points for that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, I think you win the cheesy award today. I'll be sure to put in a gouda word with Nicky.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Tami! I hope all days don't make me this hungry. More please! Indigo

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Don't be cheese blocking."

    Bwahahahahahahaha! You nailed it Tami!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need a shower, that was way too much cheese for me. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha! Awesome way to tackle the first day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! You are the only person to turn this cheesy topic sexy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. "Cheese-blocking" - now that is awesome sauce!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That "Cheese blocking" line was my favorite part. Silly, but awesome.

      Delete
  10. Funny!

    Hey, I could not find a place to respond to you from my blog.
    THe next blogathon is in June and you can find out information here: http://www.biannualblogathonbash.com/2013/01/monthly-twitter-chats-blog-life-balance/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think this is my favorite post out of all the cheesy ones... big grin on my face... so clever!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you ...wonderful site! I love cheese! I commented on the above, but fool for love...met my husband online. He was English,I was an American Navy girl, single mom, flew up to England to meet him from Naples, Italy(I was stationed there) Spent Memorial day weekend with him, he moved down to Italy in September, we got married a year later, had our son Jamie a year later, our second son 4 years later, me at age 40! and married 10 years this year 2013! It has been a hell of a ride!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Number one kindness!

    Michele
    realityfun2 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete