Tuesday, February 12, 2013

The Day I Met Abraham Lincoln - Day 12 topic of the 30M2D Writing Challenge

The Day I Met Abraham Lincoln - the 30M2D topic.  It seems Ziva is the instigator for this topic (what was she thinking?).  Anyhoo, link to the other Lincolnites participating in this writing challenge.  

The anamatronic Abraham Lincoln at Disneyland’s Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln -- that is the one I know.  As I kid, I had every glitch and tick of his performance memorized. We always visited Mr. L during the peak of the Anaheim summer, it was one of the lower ticket rides you could go in and rest from the frantic pace of making it to all of the “E” ticket rides.  At the point he would stand, my brother and I would whisper to each other, “he’s gonna fall over!  I just know it, it is going to be this time, I swear, he is gonna fall over!"  Of course, Old Abe never did fall over.  I guess the attraction is now new and improved -- I haven't been back to visit almost tippy-over Abe.  

Post a Comment

Son's quilt finished

Two months behind schedule - son's quilt is finished, it is king-sized plus! I first began the project here . While I did the piecing ...