J is for Jeans and Jewelry - A to Z Writing Challenge topic


J is for Jeans, jeans and more jeans.  Mom jeans, 80s jeans, low slung jeans, there are more jeans than you could ever imagine at the thrift shops.  There are racks and racks of them, jean castoffs, jean-tastrophes.  While I did score some True Religion brand jeans ($5 thrift shop find) a couple of months ago, that sort of discovery is rare.  Want to find a pair of those red-tag vintage Levi jeans?  Well, good luck, those have been snapped up a long, long time ago.  


I just have to add jewelry under All Things Thrifting.  I just cannot resist little bits of costume jewelry.  The one thing I bought this past weekend thrifting was the love necklace ($3.50) displayed outside of the etched glass container.  Also, draped across the Hippie Chic perfume bottle is a dark blue beaded flower bracelet with light blue beaded centers (a previous thrift shop find).  That piece reminds me of the beadwork I used to create when I was a teenager. 



A to Z Challenge [2013]

Please vote for me as Best Local Sacramento Blogger.  Vote button is at the top of this post.  Thanks!


16 comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's talk uglies

Merrily we quilt along

Spooky Steampunk lap quilt