Monday, April 8, 2013

G is for Gold, gravy boat and garden toad - A to Z Writing Challenge topic


Gold is the ultimate treasure-hunter’s dream.  I can boast of one thrift shop find pin in recent years made of 14k gold.


And gravy boat - the story on this sweetie is I had a gravy boat, a fancy pure white one I bought at Macy's for $15 or $20.  When I bought it at retail price, I thought, "What am I doing?  I can find one of these at the thrift shop."


To a thrifter's eyes, the rubbed off decoration shows character, that it has been well used.  Worth the 50 cent price I paid for it.

Just HAD TO share garden toad. I think he is adorable. I was preparing the vegetable garden bed and there he was. I admit to moving him to the flower garden and staging him by the toadstool.  He seemed to tolerate his brief modeling stint. 


A to Z Challenge [2013]

Please vote for me as Best Local Sacramento Blogger.  Vote button is at the top of this post.  Thanks!


Post a Comment

Repost for entry into Bloggers Quilt Festival 2017

Reposting this quilt for a second entry into the Bloggers Quilt Festival 2017 hosted by Amy at amyscreativeside.com.     Because we are s...