Google tag

Friday, December 10, 2021

Redwork Quilts

This project has been hanging around in my studio for some time. I found the completed redwork squares at thrift. The last piece of the project, a printed patchwork fabric piece, came from a recent estate sale. I may keep it as this manageable size wall hanging and quilt it myself. 

This is the second time I have utilized my magical stash of flower precuts. My first project was a fabric flower wreath complete with button centers. 

This image was saved from the Sierra Quilt Guild's show this past fall. Snowflake by Carol Garnett. Another nice example of a redwork quilt. 




Christmas trivia: What happens to the Swede who finds an almond in the rice pudding? Marriage or Divorce? - Marriage

Recipe of the Day from the Antique American Cookbooks Home Cookery Ladies' Indispensable Companion:

Nice Rice Pudding

Half a pound of rice pounded pretty fine; boil two quarts of milk, and, while hot, add half a pound of butter; one pound of currants; add thirteen eggs, half an ounce of cinnamon, one nutmeg, one gill of rosewater, a little salt, a glass of wine, and sugar to taste. 

What I am listening to:

A nice YouTube rendition below. Not sure if it is the same guy, but it is the same name!

No comments:

Post a Comment