Google tag

Sunday, January 31, 2021

The Bear Hat and the Two Red Plaids

I bought the Black Bear Hat at thrift as a lark and placed it atop a lamp. Both the Mr. and I mentioned it looked like I brought home a friend for the bear rug. 
Once I realized curtains were bringing in big bucks on eBay, I have been on the lookout for linens. These absolute gorgeous floor length pleated lined curtains never made it to my listing pile. Priced at thrift $7 for the pair, they were still in their dry cleaning wrapping, with some minor damage at the bottom of one panel. They blend in with my green-challenged painted room. 

Best of the sourcing bunch included these two red plaid vintage cookbooks and Americana fabric. The older 1950 publication joined my collection that includes a 1971 version. I figure a 20-year span will be interesting to compare the two. The 1978 publication on the right had never been used with the subject tabs still awaiting insertion between the pages.

My musical interests have broadened since I began reselling CDs. Someone recently dropped a spate of new-agey music at my fav hospice thrift. I have discovered these recordings are soothing, non-intrusive background music for working remotely. Some feature forest sounds, rain forest, whispering wind, or autumn air. Listed below are some of the others I have kept in my collection:

Eric Fernandez Magic Gipsy
Medwyn Goodall Medicine Woman
Keiko Matsui Dreamwalk
All of the Trance Planet series

Lastly, a fun find (and worth some $$) French rapper Shurik'n. Gonna have to brush up on my French. 

No comments:

Post a Comment