Google tag

Friday, January 29, 2021

The Blue Fabric Metric and the Hinky Election

On a previous post, I wondered why-is-there-so-much-blue-fabric? I have been using my excess remnant fabric to wrap my eBay orders. I started the year with a full tub of blue fabric remnants, end of January - I am halfway through the fabric! I continue to sell steadily, seems 1,000 listings is the magic number. 


I have no fear of running out of fabric, I have an entire dresser filled with yardage and a full bolt of a hunting/fishing themed fabric. Not only that, I have bid on MORE on an auction site. Fabric addiction, it is a thing. 

I don't print my eBay shipping labels on self-adhesive. I print on a sheet of paper and then cut off the half that lists the Online Label Record. I have saved all of that information from my year's past and want to compile a graph or chart showing who is buying what and from where. I know I have a lot of buyers from California and the east coast, but the midwesterners, where are you? 

I continue to cull my listings, the next to be de-listed are cassettes. While I sold a few of them, they are too risky for return (even though I have tested them) and bring too little profit. 

Those following along will remember a mention of some rare books I came into possession after an estate sale. While I had high hopes, seems they are pretty much good for only decoration. With the lot of 30+ books for $50 or so, I will make back my money on the naval-related, and Vietnam war publications. 

Californeeya has opened up unexpectedly from pandemic closures, maybe in light of a growing Recall Gavin Newsom (California Governor) movement. Political shenanigans continue into 2021. 

We are still confused about the election. Even though this is a Democrat dominant state, everyone we have talked to (strangers included) voted for Trump. You can't help but think something Hinky happened. I do wish the best for the Biden/Harris team. Kamala was the Attorney General when I worked at the California Department of Justice. 

1 comment:

  1. I love the idea of wrapping your ebay sales in fabric, especially if it turns out cheaper than paper when you find a good deal. A hinky election? Maybe so. I'm one of the many who voted for Trump, too. I'm willing to accept the results, I just wish there weren't so many unanswered questions...Still, people seemed to be celebrating all over my Facebook feed on January 20th, so plenty of people must have voted for Biden, OR they were just happy to have a woman of color in the white house. I was happy about that, too. Did you feel that Harris did a good job as Attorney General?

    ReplyDelete