Google tag

Monday, January 11, 2021

I put myself out of commission creatively

The reason for my post title is that I slipped and fell while walking the dog. Nothing major but good-enough-to-hurt scrape on my left elbow, bruised left hip and maybe a slight concussion. After purchasing some new Sulky thread, my intentions were to sew together the new-to-me Dresden blocks. They will have to wait.

On to reseller update then - the king-sized completed cross-stitch sold, listed on ebay at $125 and I accepted $80 for it. 😁I have learned to keep an eye out for linens at thrift. There is interest in this shabby chic shower curtain, eventually it will sell. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/184540499899

I bought this shabby chic publication for resale but pulled it for my collection to complete one of the projects for Christmas. There are some adorable reindeer cutouts, even the Mr. thought were pretty neat. I am trying to twist his arm to do the cutouts for me. 

While I can't sew, I can still bake and made my first homemade traditional New York cheesecake. I had bought the springform pan at thrift, and had pulled this recipe from a 1988 publication. Seems about time I tried it, yes?  Blueberries frozen fresh last year. 

The cheesecake turned out tasty but not photography-worthy. 

Here is the backside of magazine page - Can you still find Aunt Jemima branded products? 

Two keepers from thrift were these two framed prints. The Mr. loves to hunt grouse and I loved the look of this Pennsylvania-Dutch Tole painted creation. Dated 1976, I cannot make out the signature. I had to photograph at an angle because they are both framed under glass. The teal one was $1.49 and the grouse one was $5.49. 
I have always loved paper birch trees.
I am constantly moving pictures around from room to room or sending them back to the Great Thrift Shop Beyond. 

With this most current fall, I may have to arrange to walk/hike with another person, just to be safe. 👼

No comments:

Post a Comment