Google tag

Thursday, January 21, 2021

Top Five Blogs for 2020

Top Five of MY choosing, all but No. 1 were new-to-me blogs in 2020. 
The majority of my reading moved from books to blogs years ago. My Top 5 Blog list is random and irrational, and they are (none paid promotions btw 💜):

A quilter holds my No. 1 spot, Wanda at exuberantcolor.blogspot.com. Her patchwork quilting style is bold, bright and confident but her blog is low key. She also treats her reader to images of plants and flowers in bloom. Her quilt retrospectives are my personal favorites. 

#2    A new-to-me blog thedapperdahlia.com Vintage style and beauty + retro recipes. 

#3    Deep in the Heart of Textiles Sharing a range of textiles and other interesting info.

#4    A gal from Queensland talltalesfromchiconia quilting, gardening and cooking.

#5    ifitshipitshere.com While I am not hip nor there, I enjoy reading about the latest in design-related disciplines.

There are tons of other quilt-related blogs that I follow and will reveal some other time. 

Off to scan in my 30 or so sewing patterns for listing. This Mad Men looking one sold recently.

I miss the thrifted fashion blogs (modeling clothes/outfits purchased secondhand). Seems those types of bloggers either moved to Instagram or quit blogging. 

We just had our Inauguration of the President here in the states. While my gown doesn't quite make it to the Lady Gaga level, here is my virtual support.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, I love being #1 in something!! I like your blog too. I don't buy much at thrift shops but love seeing your finds, some which actually date back to my earlier years. I check out your ebay store now and then too to see what things are actually selling for these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, thank you so much for the link! I've no idea how I got to be in your top 5, but I'm very happy to be there :-) And I guess it's appropriate, since at least40% of my wardrobe is thrift shop finds... Say hi next time you visit Chiconia!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing The Dapper Dahlia in your top five blogs for 2020! It's always fun to know someone is reading and enjoying what I'm posting in my little corner of the internet. Congrats on reaching Power Seller status on eBay!

    ReplyDelete