Google tag

Saturday, January 2, 2021

Three Fedoras and a Fish

Beginning with my lead-off image of three fedoras and a fish. I know those hats will sell, and the fish? It was a freebie at thrift where I dropped off a couple bags of non-selling items. I rarely make it to this thrift shop so I hope that my donations will cycle through before I visit again. 

At that same thrift I picked up a "squirrel" project. I have my other quilt projects all planned and listed and then SQUIRREL, I find something new to bump everything else. These blocks were listed at $48 but the owner dropped it to $40 after I asked if she could do any better. I thanked her profusely, told her I was a quilter and that these blocks would finally become a quilt in 2021. 

There are 30 of the Dresden plate blocks I will sew together for a keeper quilt. There are another 11 large flower applique blocks with a few that need some stems and leaves, also keepers. There are enough pieces of a fan quilt to list to recoup the cost of this Amazing Gift of Mystery Quilter. 
https://www.ebay.com/itm/184606607774

Reseller's update: For online resellers, those stimulus checks couldn't have hit at a better time. The first mailing day of the year, I had 8 orders to ship. That is a milestone for me.

I did some product listing cleanup. Unique items that have not moved in over a year are ended. Craft books, plush, original freebies to me, and things I just listed for the heck of it during lockdown were ended and sent back to the Great Thrift Shop Beyond. 

All sewing patterns have been listed. I have somewhere in the 300-400 category. Christmas CDs are also listed. As predicted, the Brady Bunch Christmas sold for the asking price. For the lot that I spent $50 for $1 CDs, that Brady Bunch one made back half of my money. 

I am plowing through listing needlework kits I have garnered from estate sales/thrift over the past few months. I will then turn my attention to books, and I've got some good ones. My sellers are vintage cookbooks, specialty books, and now (those I pulled from my keepers) quilt books. I won't pass those up now if I already have the same publication. 

My other unique sure sellers are boy/girl scout lots and sewing machine manuals/parts. I have more than one lot to list in those categories. 

I really am in awe with the money I have made this past year and half. Of course, the more you list, the more you sell. I don't post on different platforms, being an ebay loyalist. 

It delights me to know that I will have a thriving business into retirement. It has always been my intent to segue from my current public service with the state of California to a business of my own. 

Finally, a $1.50 fun find at thrift I thought the Mr. and I would try out - a Duck Dynasty Redneck Wisdom Family Party Game. 

No comments:

Post a Comment