Google tag

Wednesday, June 3, 2020

An Infusion of Fabric

The FB group of American Patchwork and Quilting has drawn June's number as 11, noted as my blue retro quilt. This one has given me the hardest time because none of the fabric in my stash married well with it. It took a bag of vintage remnants from mystery quilter to jump start this project. I totally blew my Buy No Fabric Challenge but I figure after 3 months of no fabric, it was time. One selvage on the yardage was 1993, so some of it is at least that old. 
The project has found a new life, here is my first fabric pull. I am thinking of doing 9 patches bordered with the blue fabric print shown in the bottom right of the image below. 
I took the day off from remote working to visit a couple of reopened hospice thrifts. I spent around $100 (you have to spend money to make money) to supplement my reselling. If I were spending for myself, I would limit it to around $20. 

What did my $100 buy?
29 Craft and costume patterns
2 craft books, 1 specialty stenciling book and a shaman book
29 regular CDs
12 Christmas CDs
Two 2-CD sets
One 3-CD set
1 needlekit, a platter, and all of the fabric shown above. 

Reseller's update: Recent sales include a Jurassic World mug and more cassettes. 

Fun find of the day - Psychedelic Shamanism. I gravitate toward these counter-culture type of publications. This one is a keeper.
My favorite print of the day's purchases? These Matryoshka dolls.
My Babylok is back in business. A machine that is sooo quiet and so different from the growly Franklin I have been using these past 5 months. 

I purchased the Addaquarter ruler so my paper piecing would be more accurate. Like my grandma's flower garden on steroids quilt, I am working on a few pieces at a time. Two starbursts each week is the goal. 

I am also a sucker for pretty platters, it joined my collection. 
Facing another day in hibernation with heat surpassing 100 degrees. What keeps you occupied during these hot summer days?

4 comments:

  1. Your first fabric pull looks like fabric from the 50s and 60s, a lot of which I used for aprons for my grandma.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the platter, I love kitchenella. I have a thing for coffee pots.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The nesting doll fabric is adorable!

    ReplyDelete