Google tag

Tuesday, June 23, 2020

Altered Sacramento

I ventured into Sacramento to accomplish a few work tasks I couldn't perform remotely. 

It is heartbreaking. I love that city. The damage to the businesses by the riots and looters is much, much worse than has been reported. It looks like a ghetto with block after block of boarded-up windows. This image is from the Mansion Flats area. 
When I go in town next, I will take my camera. 

With all of the State workers in absentia, the very life has been sucked out of the city. The only good thing - no traffic. 

I didn't expect it to affect me like it did. I left work early because I broke down and cried. I cried over so many things, missing my co-workers, the frustration over the pandemic, the senseless loss of the business owners, the uncertainty of whether there will be a return to on site work. 

I am having a tough time accepting the enormity of all of this.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure seeing it in person is so much worse than the photos and videos on the news. I hope there will be healing and returning of businesses there.

    ReplyDelete