Google tag

Thursday, June 25, 2020

Happy Birthday to Me

It's my birthday! The birthday image below is from June 1968, celebrating my 10th birthday. I am on the far left wearing the cat-eye glasses.  
 
Earlier in the month, I found this partially finished hydrangea needlepoint ($2 bagged) and discovered it was the companion in a series of another needlepoint I have in progress (the magnolias). I will finish both and frame separately but with matching mats. 
A favorite cake from childhood is the Red Velvet Cake. Mom would make it for me each year. I have posted below Mom's version and the Waldorf Astoria version.
 

Reseller's update: CDs, cassettes and sewing patterns continue to sell. I did my first round of promotional discounts on all of my needlework items and one has sold so far.

I have ripped nearly 700 album recordings to my laptop (yes, I have backed it up). The older compilations sell, the best of, best hits collections. While I work remotely I listen to my music on shuffle.

Here is a trend I am betting on - gospel CDs. For those who love gospel music but can no longer attend church, at least for the time being. 

What is NOT moving for online listings? Barbie doll clothes grouped in lots by color, used boy's clothing, and costume patterns. A quick guess on the latter, if there are no Halloween celebrations, why make a costume?

Segueing to college news - I am officially an official Art History major. I got both of the classes that I wanted for the fall semester. That I am 61, so what! Do you know what the rate of passing is for each college class? My experience is that 50% complete the class. In mathematics classes, the rate is even worse. I would estimate a 40% rate of passing there. I encourage everyone at any age to take college classes. Who knows, maybe I will make it to Sacramento State. 

Ending the post with a goofy deer image, chock full of plums, she seems quite happy. 

4 comments:

  1. Happy birthday you young thing!! You have the right attitude about the college classes. You are at an age that you want to learn and achieve.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday!! I'm so excited for your new education journey. This is a great idea for anyone. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Tami! I hope you have a wonderful birthday filled with lots of good things.
    You are doing an awesome thing. A person is never to old to learn new things and going to college is a very exciting thing. I am sure you will make it as far as you want to go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday Tami, and well done on being an Art History major! xxx

    ReplyDelete