Google tag

Thursday, May 28, 2020

Needlework Extravaganza

I just knew needlework kits would be dropping into thrift. How many of you have cleaned out your closets and cupboards? *raises hand* Add to that the Kondo Effect and wahlah, needlework kits for Tami priced on average $1.50 each. The lead-off image is an opened counted cross-stitch that is a definite keeper for my camper. 
I am going to allow myself to keep one or two of the kits. I loaded up my arms full of them, like they were babies come to their mother. Some have their original price stickers from Hobby Lobby.

I know one of two things happened, the donator thought, "I am never to start these so I might as well give them away," or the original owner passed away. 

Giving the CD thrift trove a once over, I spotted this cutie, also adding it to my collection. 


Now at 300 listings, eBay has deemed me "promotion worthy." I was given the option to promote a few posts and have tested the waters. It appears you pay a small fee when the item sells. 

I admit I have haunted certain online auction sites and I have discovered a new one - hibid.com and am testing the waters with my first couple of bids. I have marked a few "watches" on the 221 featherweight sewing machines to see how high they bid up on that site. 

I predict my next round of sales will come after the next stimulus check. It has been quiet these last couple of weeks. I sell such specialty items, not high on the gotta-have list. I did sell my first men's tie, a real beaut, I think. 
My Babylok sewing machine is finally returning home. I promise never to abuse it again. It has been in the shop for 5 months. 

No comments:

Post a Comment