Google tag

Saturday, May 23, 2020

Turn Your Life Around?

Reselling has been the best debt reduction plan ever. Granted, I had a couple of stimulus checks in there to help me on my debt-reducing way but more I attribute to reselling.

I am not going to represent that it is easy. No, it is work, plain and simple. For the business major I am, each dollar represents a potential 80-90% profit. Buying six cassettes for $1 and selling them at a minimum of $5 each. It is almost criminal, but not at all. I am merely the new middleman in the New Normal *plugs ears and issues a silent scream*

The cassettes are flying off *my* shelves. I never would have guessed there was such a market for these techno-retro forms of music. I also price to move all of my products. Now is not the time to buy and hold items, get those puppies listed!

Included in my product sourcing are always items for me. I went outside of my comfort zone and purchased CDs I had no idea who the artists were, at $1 each, I don't care. They range from gospel to opera to jazz to some imports. I rip them all to my laptop so I can give the unusual ones a listen. 
The surrealist encyclopedia is pure eye candy. I do look for art reference books. I rarely find any publications on that topic. 

I took a trip up into another county to visit an open Goodwill. While not a stellar haul, I will at least double my $15 investment.

I sat on one of the chairs for sale and researched the CDs I had chosen. I put half of them back - buying at $3 and selling at $5 isn't worth the effort. 

The $2.50 knitting lot will go up for sale, with the exception of the Gutterman thread and scissors, which stay with me. 

Staples has CD jewel cases so I replace the covers on those that are broken. Goo Gone is your friend to clean up the ones that are in good shape. 

If you decide to begin reselling, be sure to check with your state's rules for online sellers. I collect the state tax rate for California on my products. 

I hope to report after this long weekend's end to have 300 active listings - 228 as of this post. 

No comments:

Post a Comment