Google tag

Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Almost in Hog Heaven

My life is near to normal for activities I like to do, esp. thrifting. The last holdout in reopening was hospice thrift. They still show as closed online and I am not going to advertise the fact that they are open. Finds I garnered there and another stop were my usual CDs and cassettes, a needlework kit, and $1 bag of sewing items included needles shown above and those for my machine, and a sweet thimble.
What form of music do I keep? DISCO! This 2-CD set stays with me.
I have collected a couple of vintage tins, we had a scale and in this round of finds, I bought the $1.99 Kellogg's plate for an eventual display of these unique items. Once I get shelving up in my storage shed, I will share the collection. 
I am photographing inside because of our 100 degree days on end heat wave. 

Here I am encouraging people to begin reselling and not giving clear direction. You should start with what you know, my area of expertise - crafts, sewing, and quilting. I have tried a couple of the BOLOs (be on the lookout) suggested by other resellers but have had spotty success with that other than CDs and cassettes. 

The last thing to be restored is my hair stylist so I don't have to keep looking like this.

1 comment:

  1. I have the twin of your yellow kitchen scale! Mine came from a barn sale where they were still pulling things out and nothing was priced. Can't remember what I paid, but it was cheaper than I'd ever hoped to find one for.

    ReplyDelete