Google tag

Monday, May 18, 2020

Round 11 of Reselling, Plundering the Offsite Storage

This round somewhat qualifies as "home sourcing" because I am retrieving product from my offsite storage. To say I went through a Pattern Phase is an understatement. My thinking was that vintage sewing patterns would be worth something someday. That day has arrived. 

Three containers (2 more I forgot back at storage) and one bag full of patterns, another bag full of books and a third bag of miscellany marked for resell. Next milestone goal on listings is to reach 300. 
Some of my patterns are keepers, some of the images in the lead and below. Focusing on the red ones ~




Quilting update: I am knocking around the idea of taking another run at a State Fair quilt, this one of course, would be for 2021. There are some elements I liked in my last quilt and some I didn't. 

List of elements I will include in competition quilt.
1.  Cubist
2.  Scrappy solid border
3.  Turquoise thread

Here is my source image. It was my original concept but when I made the face quilter block, it was way too small. 

Knitting Woman 1919 Oil on Canvas
Jean Metzinger
Scrap busting continues. I have made great progress because I am not buying thrifted fabric every other week. 

I rediscovered Bloglovin' a feed where I had marked online fashionistas, and then promptly forgot about it. Seems a few are doing Lockdown Diaries or Life in Lockdown. My reselling rounds are a way of marking time also. 

No comments:

Post a Comment