Google tag

Thursday, May 14, 2020

Rat-a-tat-tat Round 10 of Reselling

Time to put up some plush. I especially love this oversized princess My Little Pony, purchased for $1, she would be high profit margin. Will I list her? We will see. I have turned a critical eye toward all of my collectibles. This round of home sourcing include ceramic smalls and men's ties. 

I have been a reseller on eBay for many years but have most recently ramped it up with a basic store. My timing was good on that because of the 50k free fixed listings through the end of July. 

Another feature of eBay I have grown to love is the Send Offer. If a buyer watches your item or adds it to their cart, you can send offer to seal the deal under the fixed price listing. 

I try not to despair that thrifting, my most favorite activity, has been taken from me. I know there are those in worse condition with destroyed livelihoods, dashed athletic ambitions, or canceled once-in-a-lifetime celebrations. 

I pray that this is my last "home sourcing" posts. My county has reopened but the thrift shops are still closed. My county never really did "close" except for dining-in restaurants. 

Amazon has been the recipient of my retail therapy. To begin my atomic starburst piecing project I ordered an Addaquarter ruler. I threw in the mix a Grand Canyon preprinted panel for my travel quilt that I am gathering fabric for now. My last purchase was a jelly roll of Kona solids. I love the look of the solid scrappy border. I really haven't done a lot with solids but have begun purchasing more and more.

News has come down that state workers in California will receive a 10% pay cut and perhaps even furloughed to 1-2 days a month. It is a blessing that I am not carrying large debt like a mortgage or car payment. 

I suspect I will be working remotely through the year's end and maybe into 2021. If that is the case, I would look closely to retiring as soon as possible. Part of my commuting into Sacramento is to be in the city and to be around lots of people. If that aspect is removed, I will retire and ramp up my reselling business and seek out estate sales, in addition to thrifting, for product.  

No comments:

Post a Comment