Google tag

Sunday, May 17, 2020

Me Made May and the Tractor Seat Cover

Newly-made tractor seat cover will be much appreciated by my cat Susie since that is her favored resting spot. 
The Mr. had been using this to cover his tractor seat. I had the material, lawd knows the time. I had been sort of avoiding this project but it came together quickly and easily.  

First stop was craft paper. Then I traced the seat top and sides leaving a hefty seam allowance for the heavier material. 

Here is the seat template pinned to the pieced fabric. I thought the fabric was one large remnant but rather it was in strips. 

Oh and look the seams match! Pats self on back. All of those sewing/quilting hours pay off.  Yes, that is Batman duct tape. The edges of the Franklin kept catching the fabric.  

I finished the edges.

Then sewed on the Velcro fastening to the back.

You can see the final product in my lead-off image. Sorta proud of myself. Me Made May really focuses on clothing construction so we will just call it Tractor Apparel. 

I decided to re-activate my twitter account @CommandoShop. It is easy enough to share my posts through Blogger. Hope to see some followers there also. 

No comments:

Post a Comment