Tuesday, January 21, 2020

Craft Project Denial

I had teased one participant of the American Patchwork & Quilting 2020 UFO Challenge that she had the courage to list all of her projects. She had at least 3 full charts, maybe more. 
I knew I had more than 12 projects. In fact, I have at least 26. I added back a project from last year's list, my bonus item at the bottom of Chart 1, The Americana. I only have this source image from a quilt magazine from the 1970s. Look at those magnificent blocks! One quilter termed projects such as this - Quilts in Waiting.
Then came my second chart where I included two new projects that were born this year, Grandmother's Flower Garden on Steroids and the red Vintage Vignettes quilt. 


I listed ALL of my needlepoint projects - 7. I included another bonus item on Chart 2 of the plaid quilt. If I feel particularly frisky when I start that project, I will attempt the Storm at Sea pattern. Otherwise, it will be minimalist, piecing together the remnants as they are then squaring up to a final bed-size. 

I have found another challenge where I hope to have at least one entry for prizes. At Persimmon Dreams kimlapacek.com/scrap-quilt-challenge
The host provides the inspiration block, January is a 9 patch. Quilters then have a year to link up a completed quilt for potential prizes. Minimum size is 45" x 60" and must be compiled of 80% scrappy remnants. 


Reselling update: 26 listings, made my goal of at least 5+ weekend listings that include: Batik quilt kit, stitchery kits, a book and 3 CDs, and some yardage. I have a better camera than when I first listed fabric so we will see if that makes a difference. 

No comments:

Post a Comment