Google tag

Sunday, January 12, 2020

It is that time of year that cashmere comes my way

I can count on the fact that in January, cashmere sweaters are donated to thrift and I am the lucky benefactor. This apparently new cashmere was $5.99. I am wearing it to work on Monday.
It was a particularly bad year for moths, even eating through the Mr.'s cotton work shirts. So I've gathered all of my moth-eaten cashmere sweaters into a bundle and listed them on my favorite auction site.

At Snowline Hospice thrift, I got to fill a bag of books for $5. Ones that I will list are the Messiah vocal score and a retrospective of the 1950s-1960s. I really did just grab books, so the Impressionist Cats book was a delight after I got to sit down and look at it. Best of the quilt books is the spiral bound instructions for the Garden Quilt. There is also a Bible in the bunch, bound in soft grey leather, I considered letting it go but have decided it is a keeper. 
I did massive Christmas CD gathering, buying 25 at $1+ each. Even if I sell only 5 at $5 each, at least I've made back my original investment. Some are duplicates of ones in my collection that I know are a good listen. Was thrilled to have Cool Yule by Bette Midler replaced as NIP. The one I bought from thrift was scratched.
Christmas stuff is nearly put away. How is your 2020 coming along?

1 comment: