Google tag

Sunday, January 5, 2020

Just when you think all is lost

I had really lost hope in myself and my ability to organize when I found my tub of shame here. Turned out it was 2 tubs of shame that I ended up dumping into one big mountain. 

My mountain turned from frustration to inspiration. One blogger who inspires me is Wanda at exuberantcolor one who is quite experienced with the colorwash or watercolor technique of patchwork piecing. 

Luckily, I had done an original pull of fabric for a colorwash quilt and have the reference books for that project. In that grouping, I had also thrown unorganized remnant purchases, some surprises, other delights being such pretty patterns. I culled out the ugly fabric and organized others into feedsack, asian-inspired, batiks and holiday. 

Another bonus to craft of quilting is when you happen to be stalled in one area of creation, you can make progress in another area. Since my machine is in the shop, it is the perfect time for cutting fabric. 

I think I have settled on the border fabric for my retro quilt. This yardage made it into my stash being the last fabric I purchased in 2019. 
Have you ever lost hope looking at your fabric stash that you would never get things organized again?

1 comment:

  1. Yes I am still working on cleaning out my sewing room. This year, I am going to list all of my quilt and craft related purchases on a spreadsheet. Just to be more mindful of them. If I tell myself I can't buy anything, I will be more tempted to buy, so if I can just list it, then it might make me think about whether and how much I really need.

    ReplyDelete